- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
Marrakesh Restaurant Reviews
Restaurants in Marrakesh tend to fall into two categories. They're either fashionable, flashy affairs, mostly in Guéliz and the outlying areas of Marrakesh, which serve à la carte European and Moroccan cuisine, or they're more-traditional places, often tucked inconspicuously into already-out-of-the-way places in the medina. Both types can be fairly pricey, and, to avoid disappointment, are best booked in advance. They also tend to open quite late, usually not before 7:30 in Guéliz and 8 in the medina, although most people don't sit down to eat until 9 or 9:30.
There's no set system for tipping. Your check will indicate that service has been included in the charge; if not, tip 10% or 15% for excellent service.
Browse Marrakesh Restaurants
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Riad La Maison Rouge on Sale: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $88+/Nt Save with Expedia, $20/night less
- Marrakech Savings! Book at Sirayane Boutique & Spa Fr $432+/Nt Save with Expedia, $527/night less
- Save at 4-Star Dellarosa suites & spa: $73 & Up in May — $73 Save with Expedia, $16/night less
- Book 3-Star Amine Fr $46+/Nt — $46 Save with Expedia, $8/night less
- Marrakech Savings! Book 3 Nts in May at Ryad Mogador Fr $45+/Nt — $45 Expedia