- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
Top Reasons to Go to Marrakesh
Djemaâ el-Fna: Wander amid the sizzle and smoke of the world's most exuberant marketplace.
Souk shopping: Lose yourself (literally) in the alluring lanes of the bizarre bazaars of the souk and the city.
Authentic accommodations: Stay in a riad and sip mint tea in the airy confines of your bougainvillea-filled courtyard haven.
Historic sights: Step back in time to the elaborate tombs and palaces of the Saadian sultans, and the calm and beauty of the intricate medersa.
Dance till dawn: From intimate clubs with belly dancers and sheesha pipes, to full-on techno raves with international DJs, Marrakesh is the hedonistic capital of Morocco.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe