Swimming in Marrakesh
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
Oasiria. The jewel in Marrakesh's aquapark crown is Oasiria, where children will enjoy a kids lagoon, a pirate ship, a wave pool, an inner-tube ride, and three twirly waterslides, while parents chill out at the Bellevue restaurant. There's a free shuttle bus from near Koutoubia Mosque and from Harti Gardens in Guéliz during summer months. Rte. de Barrage, 4 km from town, Marrakesh. 0524/38-04-38. www.oasiria.com.
Nikki Beach. The Palmery is home to the grown-up Nikki Beach, part of a fashionable global chain that started in Miami. It comprises an artificial beach and restaurant area. There's even a DJ spinning some tunes in the evening. The resort has proven a bit too gaudy for some visitors; drinks are massively overpriced; and a sun-lounger costs from 300 DH for the day. You'll have little change from 1,000 DH if you include a couple of beers and a taxi back into town. Nikki Beach Marrakech, Circuit de la Palmeraie, Palmery, Marrakesh. 0663/51-99-92. www.nikkibeach.com.
La Plage Rouge. Just outside the city, La Plage Rouge is one of Marrakesh's collection of stylish and sexy city "beaches." A huge, sunken pool edged with sand is the centerpiece of this pool-restaurant-bar complex. During the day, it's great for families, and at night DJs spin house music. You can enjoy cocktails as you relax on Balinese sunbeds by the pool. The entrance fee is 250 DH (125 Dh for children). A shuttle bus leaves the Koutoubia Mosque every 30 minutes (but is not reliable). Rte. de l'Ourika Km 10, Marrakesh. 0524/37-80-86.
Beldi Country Club. For a tranquil and elegant afternoon by the pool and away from the throngs in town, the vast, manicured gardens of Beldi Country Club provide a must-do excursion. A day pass, including lunch on the shaded terrace, use of sunbeds, and use of the pool, is 350 DH (250 DH for children under 12 years). After 4 pm you can come to the club to use the pool for only 100 DH. Km 6, Rte. de Barrage, Marrakesh. 0524/38-39-50. www.beldicountryclub.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Book 3 Nts in Marrakech this May Fr $43+/Nt Expedia
- Book the Royal Mirage Deluxe Marrakech 3 Nts in May Fr $91+/Nt Save with Expedia, $91/night less
- May deal: Terra Mia Marrakech Fr $68+/Nt — $68 Save with Expedia, $27/night less
- Book 4-Star Riad La Maison Rouge Fr $82+/Nt — $82 Save with Expedia, $25/night less
- $149 & Up: Atlas Medina & Spa 5-Star Hotel in Marrakech — $149 Save with Expedia, $91/night less