- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
The most famous of festivals in this region is the Imilchil Marriage Festival, held each year in September. Legend has it that a Romeo and Juliet story happened here ages ago; since then, an annual festival is held for young people to choose their own partner. Though lately the festival has been attracting more and more tourists, it's still a sight to behold. The Setti Fatma Moussem, held in August, still contains the religious elements of a moussem (pilgrimage festival). Foreigners are welcome and will be pulled into the games and entertainment.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe