- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
At a Glance
- great local color
- hotel can organize treks and tours and will hold luggage for trekkers
- basic accommodation
Check Rates from our Partners
Café Soleil Review
This simple yet authentic café/hotel is on the main square of Imlil. The owner, Mohamed Aziam, is very knowledge about the area, which makes this place a big hit with backpackers. Rooms and tables are often taken, not least of all due to the central location, opposite the tour guide's office. Rooms are sparse but clean, with a whiff of incense. (Mosquito repellent will ease your stay.) This was one of the first establishments built in Imlil, dating back to the early 1970s: the famous floods of 1995 washed half of the building away. Rest easy: it is now completely rebuilt. The staff are very helpful and will do their best to put guests in touch with guides, muleteers, and equipment outfitters.
- Address: On town square, Imlil
- Phone: 0524/48–56–22
- Location: Imlil
- 12 rooms.
- Rate includes some meals.
- No credit cards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I’m writing this trip report after finally editing 2500 photos from travel in 2012 and 2013. Read more
This was described as the southern most outpost of the Roman Empire. Read more
My wife and I are considering a trip to Morocco in October or November. Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more