- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
At a Glance
- great local color
- hotel can organize treks and tours and will hold luggage for trekkers
- basic accommodation
Check Rates from our Partners
Café Soleil Review
This simple yet authentic café/hotel is on the main square of Imlil. The owner, Mohamed Aziam, is very knowledge about the area, which makes this place a big hit with backpackers. Rooms and tables are often taken, not least of all due to the central location, opposite the tour guide's office. Rooms are sparse but clean, with a whiff of incense. (Mosquito repellent will ease your stay.) This was one of the first establishments built in Imlil, dating back to the early 1970s: the famous floods of 1995 washed half of the building away. Rest easy: it is now completely rebuilt. The staff are very helpful and will do their best to put guests in touch with guides, muleteers, and equipment outfitters.
- Address: On town square, Imlil
- Phone: 0524/48–56–22
- Location: Imlil
- 12 rooms.
- Rate includes some meals.
- No credit cards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My husband Paul and I (active 60’s and not yet retired) try to take an international trip once a year. Read more
We have just returned from a family trip to Morocco We only had 8 days and spent them in Marrakech, the High Atlas (Toubkal area), Fes and saw Volubilis, Moulay Idriss and Meknes with the final night i Read more
I’m writing this trip report after finally editing 2500 photos from travel in 2012 and 2013. Read more
· News & Features
In our inaugural Ask Fodor's column, one of our editors editor gives advice on how to travel by rail ... Read more
Pack light and still look great on your next camping trip with these 10 low-maintenance beauty products.... Read more
Castles, lakeside resorts, bang-for-your-buck Hawaii finds, and dazzling hotel gardens—it's... Read more