- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
Ouirgane is the most luxurious base for mountain adventure Morocco has to offer. It doesn't have the highest peaks, but it has a glorious choice of charming hotels and day trips that take in captivating scenery toward the mountainous Tizi-n-Test to the south. You can climb Djebel Toubkal in three days or stay up in the High Atlas for a little longer, safe in the knowledge that you have a snug hotel waiting for you back in Ouirgane. Even if you keep close to town, you can explore the surrounding hills on two "wheels" (foot or bicycle) or four (mule, horse, or quad bike) with ease. In town there's a lively morning souk on Thursday. For many, Ouirgane is just a pleasant stop before tackling Tizi-n-Test. But the charming village has a few auberges that make it a good starting point for treks.
Ouirgane at a Glance
Elsewhere in High Atlas
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's