- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
The joy of a visit to Imilchil is in the journey; however, if you find yourself in the area during August or September, you'll have an extra reason to visit. The September (sometimes late August) marriage moussem, which brings the Aït Haddidou tribe together to marry off eligible—but not always fully consenting—young people, is an event that over time has become more of a tourist attraction than a marriage mart. The surrounding Plateau des Lacs (Plateau of the Lakes) includes the lakes of Iseli and Tislit (His and Hers, or Fiancé and Fiancée). Lac Tislit is 5 km (3 mi) from Imilchil, while Iseli is another 10 km (6 mi) east.
Imilchil at a Glance
Elsewhere in High Atlas
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe