High Atlas Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
Top Reasons to Go to The High Atlas
The chance to hike North Africa's tallest peak: Djebel Toubkal, which soars to 13,671 feet, is only a two-day climb. Trekkers can find everything they need at the base of the mountain.
Legendary hospitality: Many travelers say their favorite experiences involve staying with a traditional Berber family and engaging in simple pleasures such as rambling, horseback riding, and bird-watching.
Adrenaline junkies getting their fix: From quad biking to skiing to skydiving and hot-air ballooning, outdoor activities in magical surroundings abound.
Magnificent views in high style: Some truly first-class hotels have opened their doors to travelers in the High Atlas; the best even contribute to the local community.
Some of the most adventurous driving on the African continent: Stunning passes switchback through mountains with panoramas you have to see to believe.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe