- The chance to hike North Africa's tallest peak Djebel Toubkal, which soars to 13,671 feet, is only a two-day climb. Trekkers can find everything they need at the base of the mountain.
- Legendary hospitality Many travelers say their favorite experiences involve staying with a traditional Berber family and engaging in simple pleasures such as rambling, horseback riding, and bird-watching.
- Adrenaline junkies getting their fix From quad biking to skiing to skydiving and hot-air ballooning, outdoor activities in magical surroundings abound.
- Magnificent views in high style Some truly first-class hotels have opened their doors to travelers in the High Atlas; the best even contribute to the local community.
- Some of the most adventurous driving on the African continent Stunning passes switchback through mountains with panoramas you have to see to believe.
Need a break from the big city? View 42-hour itineraries from 13 cities.More