- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
Getting Around The Mediterranean Middle Atlas
The Fès–Saïss Airport serves the Middle Atlas as well as Fez and Meknès. Azrou, Ifrane, Sefrou, Imouzzer du Kandar, Beni-Mellal, Azilal, Midelt, Kasba Tadla, and Khénifra are all served by CTM buses, if somewhat sporadically. The bus from Casablanca to Ifrane to Azrou takes six hours from beginning to end; the one from Meknès to Azrou to Midelt takes four to five hours total.
If you have any intention of wandering into the overlands, you must drive a four-wheel-drive vehicle. Ensure your car is equipped with a spare tire and emergency fuel. Depending on where you're coming from, it's best to rent a car in Fez or Meknès.
Midelt CTM Terminal (Av. Mohammed V s/n, Midelt. 0535/56-06-35. www.ctm.ma.)
The contacts here organize tours beyond their immediate towns, so feel free to check out any of these when planning your trip.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's