- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
Timing and Precautions
Meknès is a beautifully intact medieval city worth exploring as a short excursion from Fez. From the central Place el-Hedime you can discover the medina's network of small open and covered streets flanked by shops, artisan studios, and food stalls. To see the Imperial City quarter, take a petit taxi or a more atmospheric caléche (horse-drawn carriage).
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's