- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
There's much to be said in favor of employing a good guide in Fez; you'll be left alone by faux guides and hustlers, and if your guide is good you'll learn much and be able to see more of your surroundings than when having to read and navigate as you move around. On the other hand, getting lost in Fez el-Bali is one of those great travel experiences. Maps of the medina really do work, and there are now numerous signs on medina walls pointing you to important sites, eating establishments and hotels.
The tourist office and your hotel are the best sources for qualified guides. An official guide costs around 200-250 DH for a half a day and around 300-350 DH for a full day. Guides can run up to 500-1000 per day if it includes touring regions or special destinations by car.
Local Agent Referral
Carlson Wagonlit (5, Immeuble du Grand Hotel, bd. Mohammed V, Fez. 0535/62–29–58. www.carlsonwagonlit.com.)
ONMT (Place Mohammed V, Fez. 0535/62-47-69.)
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe