- Go back in time Fez el-Bali is the world's largest active medieval city and promises a sensorial vacation from modern life and technology.
- Indulge your senses in the Meknès food souk On the Place el-Hedime sample famous olives, aromatic spices, and dried fruit, available in a dizzying array of colors and flavors.
- Explore an archaeological gem in Volubilis A short trip from Meknès, these well-preserved Roman ruins are considered the most impressive in the country.
- Ski the Moroccan Aspen Drawing both royalty and the Moroccan elite, the highest peak of the Michlifen ski resort rises to 2,000 meters.
- Take an overland adventure Two of the most stunning sights in the Middle Atlas are the cascading waterfalls of Ouzoud and the Friouato caves near Taza. Imilchil's September marriage festival, the moussem, is a Berber ritual steeped in local tradition.
FODOR'S GO LIST 2015
The top 25 places we think should be on every traveler's radar this year.More