The crime rate in Mauritius is low, but travelers should always be alert as petty thefts do occur, especially in the capital, Port Louis. Visitors should not walk alone in poorly lighted areas. Tourist police patrol the zones popular with visitors.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's