Le Paradis Epice
Le Paradis Epice Review
Situated opposite the botanic gardens (officially the Sir Seewoosagur Botanic Gardens, named after the country's first prime minister) this quirky eatery is the spot for lunch after a morning viewing giant water lilies and exotic plants. The interior is a knockout, with the centerpiece a huge petrified litchi tree. Decor is eclectic, many of the fittings and ornaments made from recycled materials purchased from the nearby Handicraft Artisan souvenir shop and workshop. Authentic Creole curries and Chinese dishes share the menu with light snacks, such as toasted sandwiches and paninis. Try the Mauritian fish curry with eggplant, the prawn curry, or an array of vegetarian curries. As the restaurant name suggests, this spice paradise is all about blending the island's flavors with the choicest ingredients—and at very affordable prices.
- Address: SSR Botanic Gardens, Royal Road, Pamplemousses, Port Louis
- Location: Mauritius
- No dinner.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Africa 2014, January & February
We flew Ottawa to Zurich on Swiss and booked a 1 night package at the Hilton Airport that included an early check in, breakfast and late check out – a good deal, Read more
My husband Paul and I (active 60’s and not yet retired) try to take an international trip once a year. Read more
I'd like to plan a safari and beach honeymoon in mid- to late-September 2014. Read more
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s ... Read more
San Juan's balmy temperatures, gorgeous beaches, and charming, historic buildings make it the perfec... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more