After exploring the busy capital of Port Louis and its popular market, the L'Escale restaurant is the perfect haven for lunch or dinner. Located in Labourdonnais Waterfront Hotel within the busy Le Caudan complex, this eatery offers a complete change from resort life. The complex is a popular retail area with some 170 shops and eateries and an amphitheater performance space. Diners can watch all the action of the harbor and the pedestrian piazza from this lovely restaurant dressed with white tablecloths and decorated with Maurtian-styled timber lattice-work dining chairs. Choose from Western, Asian, and Creole dishes—the Madagascar shrimps are tasty. If on a budget opt for the plat du jour (dish of day), at an affordable 275 MUR. The fruit salad with sabayon au calvados (zabaione and brandy) is a must for dessert.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
My husband and I took a three day tour with Sahara Desert Crew from Fes to Marrakech...it was such a brilliant time. Youssef was our tour guide and he couldn't have done a better job with us. One of my Read more
My first day in Israel, (Tel Aviv on a Saturday), was pretty quiet. Read more
Within November 2011 we have been to Ghana, travelling independently and getting around by public transport. Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate ... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more