Le Chamarel Review
With stunning vistas of Le Morne, the Black River Gorges, and a string of beaches, this attractive spot is where you come for food with a view. Named after the nearby village of some 700 people, Le Chamarel is the ideal lunch stop when exploring the beautiful southwestern corner of Mauritius. Dishes include such island specialties as salmi de cerf (venison casserole) and octopus curry, and more traditional French fare like filet de boeuf sace poivre (beet fillet with pepper sauce). The dessert menu includes caramelized bananas, chocolate mousse, and coconut flan. Perched on a wooded hill, the indoor-outdoor restaurant has a thatched roof and a verandah suspended over the valley.
- Address: La Crete, Chamarel Main Road, Chamarel, Port Louis
- Phone: 230/483–6421
- Location: Mauritius
- No dinner.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
My husband and I took a three day tour with Sahara Desert Crew from Fes to Marrakech...it was such a brilliant time. Youssef was our tour guide and he couldn't have done a better job with us. One of my Read more
My first day in Israel, (Tel Aviv on a Saturday), was pretty quiet. Read more
Within November 2011 we have been to Ghana, travelling independently and getting around by public transport. Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate ... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more