Mauritius Travel Guide
Beautiful lagoons, radically shaped volcanic mountains, and a cultural cocktail of Euro-Asian inhabitants make Mauritius—a small nation about half the size of Australia's Kangaroo Island and some 2,000 km (1,242 miles) east of the African continent—more than just a swanky resort getaway. Although you can relax on some of the world's most breathtaking beaches, you'll also find grand plantation mansions that evoke the island's colonial past, Hindu shrines adorned with marigolds, national parks abundant with exotic animals and plants, and delicious cuisine that fuses Creole and French flavors.
Fodor's local writers visit every hotel we recommend. Look for our discerning Fodor's Choice picks or search by price and location.
Find the best Mauritius restaurants in every price category with our top picks.
Things To Do in Mauritius
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
There's something wonderfully comforting about an old-school ski resort.... Read more
Arts and culture are celebrated as much as the world-class beaches in St.... Read more
Travelers to Belize will find a fairy-tale landscape of white-sand beaches, lush rain forests, and soaring... Read more
· Travel Planner
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Hi All --
Finally posted my Jordan & Israel trip (April 2012) report. Read more
Thinking of visiting Cape Town and Kruger. Read more