Mauritius Travel Guide
Plan Your Mauritius Vacation
Beautiful lagoons, radically shaped volcanic mountains, and a cultural cocktail of Euro-Asian inhabitants make Mauritius—a small nation about half the size of Australia's Kangaroo Island and some 2,000 km (1,242 miles) east of the African continent—more than just a swanky resort getaway. Although you can relax on some of the world's most breathtaking beaches, you'll also find grand plantation mansions that evoke the island's colonial past, Hindu shrines adorned with marigolds, national parks abundant with exotic animals and plants, and delicious cuisine that fuses Creole and French flavors.
Fodor's local writers visit every hotel we recommend. Look for our discerning Fodor's Choice picks or search by price and location.
Find the best Mauritius restaurants in every price category with our top picks.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Camel Trekking in Morocco is considered as a common tourist activity desert which has been preferred by many visitors. Read more
Morocco Day Travel is a professional tourism company that specializes in tours of Morocco and holidays that suit your requirements and interests, whether you are a lone traveller, a couple, families o Read more
We arrive at 4 am into JKIA and want to check into a hotel for the few hours we have before boarding our flight at the Wilson airport for our Safari. Read more