- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
A 20-minute drive from downtown Nairobi (7 km [4 miles]), the park's network of paved and all-weather dirt roads can be negotiated by cars and vans, and junctions are generally signposted and clearly marked on the official park map, which you can pick up at the gate or any bookstore or tourist office. Open-roof hatches aren't permitted in the park. Don't leave your vehicle except where permitted, as unsuspecting tourists have been mauled by lions and attacked by rhinos.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's