- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
There's a daily flight to Meru National Park from Nairobi Wilson Airport with Airkenya, which takes 1¾ hours. You can drive from Nairobi; the road isn't particularly bad but it takes five to six hours. If you're already at a property in the area, it can make sense to drive. Visitors would need a 4x4 vehicle for driving within the park.
Kenya Wildlife Service (050/50407; 061/230–3094 Meru National Park. www.kws.org. $65 per day. Daily 6–6.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's