- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
Flights land on Manda Island, and a speedboat takes about 10 minutes to get to Lamu (your hotel will pick you up). Lamu is a very easy town to get around because it's so small. The cobbled streets are laid out in a grid fashion with the main street—known simply as Main Street—running parallel to the harbor.
Kenya Airways has daily flights from Nairobi. AirKenya has frequent flights to Lamu and Kiwayu from Nairobi, Mombasa, and Malindi. It also offers hops from Lamu to Kiwayu. Fly540 flies here from Nairobi and Malindi.
Most hotels can arrange for a trip by dhow between Lamu and Shela. Find out the going price from your accommodation and confirm with the captain before setting out.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's