- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Kenya Hotel Reviews
There are more than 2,000 licensed hotels, camps, and lodges in Kenya. There are modern hotels in Nairobi, but some older establishments offer comparable service and comfort plus colonial ambience. Price categories treat all-inclusive lodges differently from other lodgings. Lodging, meals, and activities are included at private lodges; find out in advance if park fees (US$40 to US$100 per day) are included. There are no elevators in lodging facilities outside hotels in big cities, but most everything is at ground level. Children aren't always welcome at lodges. Some camps, lodges, and coastal hotels are closed during rainy months; ask in advance.
Hotel prices usually include dinner and a full English breakfast. Many lodges and hotels offer special midweek or winter low-season rates. Campsites have few or no facilities and aren't really an option for a visitor with time restrictions or for first-timers. There are all kinds of luxurious beach accommodations available, but these resorts can get crowded during holiday season, so it's essential to book in advance.
Browse Kenya Hotels
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's