- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fast Facts about Kenya
Size 582,645 square km (224,960 square miles).
Number of National Parks 49, including the Masai Mara National Reserve, Amboseli National Park, and Tsavo National Park.
Number of Private Reserves Too many to count, but includes Laikipia Plateau and Lewa Wildlife Conservancy.
Population Approximately 38 million.
Big Five You'll find them all here.
Language Kiswahili is the official language, but most people speak English.
Time Kenya is on EAT (East Africa Time), which is three hours ahead of Greenwich Mean Time and eight hours ahead of North America's Eastern Standard Time.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's