- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
Amboseli is 260 km (160 miles) from Nairobi. Scheduled flights from Nairobi's Wilson Airport and Mombasa land at three airstrips. Note that you'll be flying in a small aircraft. The journey by road takes about four hours. The last 16 km (10 miles) are full of potholes, so you'll need a 4x4. There's no public transport within the park. Park fees are $80 per person per day. This fee is included in package tours and most lodge accommodations.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's