All visitors must stop at the attractively designed visitor center to pay an admission fee (JD2)—most of which goes to the local Bedouin cooperatives. The large Rum Gate restaurant here is quite good, despite the fact that it often caters to busloads of tourists. There's a terrace, too, looking out over the sand.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe