When to Go
When to Go
The best time to visit Jordan are the spring (April, May, and early June) and fall (September and October), when the sun shines just about every day and temperatures are moderate. Spring also carpets the countryside with beautiful wild flowers. July and August get very hot, especially Aqaba or the Dead Sea, where temperatures can get up to 110 degrees in the middle of the day. November to April can be rainy, and from December through February, Amman and the surrounding area can be cold but Aqaba, on the Gulf, is a warm and sunny winter resort.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe