If you're traveling along the Kings Highway from Madaba, a 10-km drive will take you to Mount Nebo, the vantage point from where Moses first saw the Holy Land (Num. 23:14). A pleasantly landscaped, tree-lined path takes you to the lookout from the parking lot and on a clear day you can see across the Jordan Valley and the Dead Sea to the Judean Hills, and even to the Mount of Olives in Jerusalem. There are ongoing excavations here that have uncovered a Byzantine church with some extremely well-preserved mosaics, though not much can be seen at this writing.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's