To get to Petra from Aqaba—the Jordanian town just across the border that shares the Red Sea shore with Eilat—two buses a day run at a cost of JD 5, but there’s no specific timetable.
To get to Petra from Amman, public buses run from Amman's Mujema Al Janoub, or the South Bus Station. They depart when full. Three private bus companies offer air-conditioned service between Petra and Amman.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's