Top Reasons to Go
Float in the Dead Sea: The extremely high levels of salinity make people so buoyant they bob along like a cork.
Visit Lawrence of Arabia's desert: Take a camel or 4WD-trek across the dunes in the afternoon, see the sunset of the rocky cliffs, then overnight in a Bedouin tent: it's unforgettable.
Tour Petra: Wander or clamber amid the awe-inspiring, 2000-year-old remains of this ancient city carved into the towering rose-red rocks.
Pamper Yourself: The combination of the welcoming hospitality and natural spa treatments that make use of local minerals, salts, and herbs make Jordanian spa and resort experiences extra special.
Snorkel or Scuba in the Red Sea: With some of the best coral reefs in the world, this is a diver's paradise; snorkelers won't be disappointed either.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe