Dead Sea Travel Guide
Plan Your Dead Sea Vacation
Floating in the Dead Sea is a highlight of any visit to the Jordan. At over 30 percent saline, the water can sustain very little marine life but it's incredibly buoyant and makes for the ultimate floating experience, even if it feels rather like taking a bath in salad dressing. TIP: Avoid getting the water in your eyes, don't stay in for more than 15 minutes, and make sure to rinse off when you get out. Be prepared for major stinging sensations if you have a cut or skin rash.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's