Amman Travel Guide
Plan Your Amman Vacation
Amman, the capital of Jordan, is a sprawling modern city of about 1.5 million people, spread across seven hills. From the top of Amman's Citadel, the sand-colored vistas of houses, office buildings, government ministries, and schools spread out somewhat monotonously in all directions. Amman is an excellent base for seeing nearby sites like Jerash, and there are plenty of hotels and restaurants and some interesting sight to see but most people don't linger here.
Fodor's local writers visit every hotel we recommend. Look for our discerning Fodor's Choice picks or search by price and location.
Find the best Amman restaurants in every price category with our top picks.
Things To Do in Amman
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching.... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's