Amman Travel Guide
Amman, the capital of Jordan, is a sprawling modern city of about 1.5 million people, spread across seven hills. From the top of Amman's Citadel, the sand-colored vistas of houses, office buildings, government ministries, and schools spread out somewhat monotonously in all directions. Amman is an excellent base for seeing nearby sites like Jerash, and there are plenty of hotels and restaurants and some interesting sight to see but most people don't linger here.
Fodor's local writers visit every hotel we recommend. Look for our discerning Fodor's Choice picks or search by price and location.
Find the best Amman restaurants in every price category with our top picks.
Things To Do in Amman
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
With its rich history, intoxicating culture, and gorgeous mix of architecture, Cambodia serves up sights ... Read more
American Airlines and US Airways formally completed their merger this morning, leaving four major players... Read more
Oceania Cruises has got something unique in store: a world cruise that embarks in the summertime instead... Read more
· Travel Planner
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe