Jordan Travel Guide
Although it's a small country—about the size of the state of Indiana—Jordan is a destination with a great deal of variety, including fascinating historical and biblical sites, vast and beautiful desert landscapes, the Dead Sea, the ancient city of Petra, and the famously warm Jordanian hospitality. It's also extremely easy to get around, which means that a trip of a week or 10 days is enough to experience many of the country's highlights. Most travelers find that renting a car gives the greatest amount of freedom. English is widely spoken, especially in tourist areas, though if you're hiring a local guide it's a good idea to specify that you want an English-speaking one.
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Africa 2014, January & February
We flew Ottawa to Zurich on Swiss and booked a 1 night package at the Hilton Airport that included an early check in, breakfast and late check out – a good deal, Read more
My husband Paul and I (active 60’s and not yet retired) try to take an international trip once a year. Read more