- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Hula Lake Nature Reserve
Hula Lake Nature Reserve Review
More than 390 avian species flock to the Hula Lake during the migration season, which makes this nature preserve a prime spot for bird-watching. These wetlands were drained during the 1950s after a malaria outbreak, which drove away the unique wildlife. In recent years, the lake was reflooded and birds, especially cranes, once again make it their winter homes. About a half-million birds pass through each year.
The park offers an 8.5-km (5.2-mile) trail with bird-watching huts along the way. Bicycles and golf carts are available for rent.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hi All --
Finally posted my Jordan & Israel trip (April 2012) report. Read more
My first day in Israel, (Tel Aviv on a Saturday), was pretty quiet. Read more
We are two couples in our 60's and 70's who never visited Israel, but have traveled extensively in other countries on our own. Read more
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s ... Read more
San Juan's balmy temperatures, gorgeous beaches, and charming, historic buildings make it the perfec... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more