Upper Galilee and the Golan Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go
The Old City of Tzfat: While the tiny historic synagogues offer a rare taste of Jewish houses of worship from bygone days, the galleries are saturated with contemporary colors and shapes.
Kayaking on the Jordan River: A cool ride downriver can be a strenuous adventure or a tame family float; either way, it adds an interesting accent to a trip to the northern Galilee.
The Hula Lake Nature Reserve: The Hula Reserve provides shelter for birds, some 500 million of which fly over the Hula Valley twice a year on migrations between Europe and Africa.
Hermon River Nature Reserve: Hike to the Banias Waterfall and the Crusader ruins, and pick up a freshly baked pita from the Druze mill along the way.
Gamla: This is the site of the Jews' heroic last stand following a siege by the Romans in AD 67. Aside from its history, it offers a challenging hike or an easy amble, all with glimpses of wildlife.Updated: 11-2013
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's