- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Diaspora Museum Review
Presented here are 2,500 years of Jewish life in the Diaspora (the settling of Jews outside Israel), beginning with the destruction of the First Temple in Jerusalem and chronicling such major events as the exile to Babylon and the expulsion from Spain in 1492. Photographs and text labels provide the narrative, and films and music enhance the experience. One highlight is a replica collection of miniature synagogues throughout the world, both those destroyed and those still functioning. Another is the computerized genealogy section, where it's possible to look up Jewish family names to determine their origins. In addition, there's a music center containing a large listening library of Jewish music from around the world. At this writing, a children's gallery with interactive exhibits was scheduled to open in late 2011.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Super Sale! Flights to Tel Aviv From 627 R/T ASAPTickets.com
- Book in Tel Aviv: Save at the Grand Beach in May Fr $190+/Nt Expedia
- May deal: Dizengoff Sea Residence Fr $103+/Nt Save with Expedia, $18/night less
- Book 3.5-Star Bell Boutique in Tel Aviv Fr $328+/Nt — $328 Expedia
- Olympia in May: $138 & Up — $138 Expedia
Our trip to Israel was the most extraordinary journey that we have ever experienced, and we travel often. Read more
January 2013 - One short week - 3 nights Tel Aviv, 2 in Eilat, 1.5 in Jerusalem.
This was my 7th trip to Israel and I lived there for a year way back in 1998. I've already seen most of the sights, so Read more
We've been to Jerusalem, but missed the Israel Coast. Read more