- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Metzizim Beach Review
This stretch of sand near the Yarkon River attracts a younger crowd. It's an especially good choice for families because it has a long sandbar that keeps the waves gentle. Many people nurse a beer at the nearby pub and watch the sunset. Just south of Metzizim Beach is a private area for Orthodox Jews who prefer gender-separated swimming. Women come on Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday, while men are here on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Everyone is welcome on Saturday, and it's one of the area's mellowest beaches. Amenities : food and drink; lifeguards; parking (paid); showers, toilets. Best for : partiers; swimming.
- Address: Havakuk Ha'navi St., near Tel Aviv Port Northern Tel Aviv, Tel Aviv, 63506
- Location: Tel Aviv
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
My first day in Israel, (Tel Aviv on a Saturday), was pretty quiet. Read more
This is a trip report describing a two week vacation in Israel and Jordan (one week per country). Read more
I was wondering if I could ask for advice regarding accommodation and sightseeing on a trip I am taking to Israel with a group of 9 other work colleagues on a business/personal trip.
Our itinerary Read more
· News & Features
This balmy Mediterranean city is rich with history, culture, and a fantastic culinary tradition. ... Read more
Tel Aviv's culture and beach lifestyle are intimately intertwined, with both day and night seemingly revolving... Read more
Tel Aviv is home to a hip new hotel, smack in the center of its coolest 'hood.... Read more