- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Dr. Shakshuka Review
For quick, simple, and tasty kosher North African fare, visit this eatery on the edge of the Jaffa Flea Market. Seating is at the long communal tables set up in rows in an airy courtyard between two stone buildings. Sample the namesake dish, shakshuka, a sizzling mixture of tomatoes, peppers, and spices topped with a sunny-side-up egg and served in a metal pan. Also on offer are chicken and lamb kebabs and large bowls of couscous served with rich, chunky vegetable or meat soups and small plates of Middle Eastern salads.
- Address: 3 Beit Eshel, Jaffa, Tel Aviv, 68025
- Phone: 03/518–6560
- Location: Jaffa
- No credit cards.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
My first day in Israel, (Tel Aviv on a Saturday), was pretty quiet. Read more
This is a trip report describing a two week vacation in Israel and Jordan (one week per country). Read more
I was wondering if I could ask for advice regarding accommodation and sightseeing on a trip I am taking to Israel with a group of 9 other work colleagues on a business/personal trip.
Our itinerary Read more
· News & Features
This balmy Mediterranean city is rich with history, culture, and a fantastic culinary tradition. ... Read more
Tel Aviv's culture and beach lifestyle are intimately intertwined, with both day and night seemingly revolving... Read more
Tel Aviv is home to a hip new hotel, smack in the center of its coolest 'hood.... Read more