- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Dr. Shakshuka Review
For quick, simple, and tasty kosher North African fare, visit this eatery on the edge of the Jaffa Flea Market. Seating is at the long communal tables set up in rows in an airy courtyard between two stone buildings. Sample the namesake dish, shakshuka, a sizzling mixture of tomatoes, peppers, and spices topped with a sunny-side-up egg and served in a metal pan. Also on offer are chicken and lamb kebabs and large bowls of couscous served with rich, chunky vegetable or meat soups and small plates of Middle Eastern salads.
- Address: 3 Beit Eshel, Jaffa, Tel Aviv, 68025
- Phone: 03/518–6560
- Location: Jaffa
- No credit cards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hi All --
Finally posted my Jordan & Israel trip (April 2012) report. Read more
My first day in Israel, (Tel Aviv on a Saturday), was pretty quiet. Read more
We thinking about taking a trip to Jordan. We have booked flight to Aqaba. And our plan is to see Wadi Rum and Petra (we have booked a tour with a Bedouin in Wadi Rum). Then we're heading up to the Read more
· News & Features
This balmy Mediterranean city is rich with history, culture, and a fantastic culinary tradition. ... Read more
Tel Aviv's culture and beach lifestyle are intimately intertwined, with both day and night seemingly revolving... Read more
Tel Aviv is home to a hip new hotel, smack in the center of its coolest 'hood.... Read more