- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Café Mersand Review
For a taste of the best of the local hipster scene, score a table in the wood-paneled dining room or on the sunny sidewalk. The older customers, some of whom have been coming since the place opened its doors in 1955, mingle unusually well with the younger crowd. Everyone enjoys the specials from the original menu, including the poppy seed cake and the brownie cheesecake. In the morning, try the Turkish breakfast, which includes couscous, cheese, a hard-boiled egg, and halva.
- Address: 18 Frishman St., Center City, Tel Aviv, 63432
- Phone: 03/523–4318
- Location: Center City
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hi All --
Finally posted my Jordan & Israel trip (April 2012) report. Read more
My first day in Israel, (Tel Aviv on a Saturday), was pretty quiet. Read more
We are two couples in our 60's and 70's who never visited Israel, but have traveled extensively in other countries on our own. Read more
· News & Features
This balmy Mediterranean city is rich with history, culture, and a fantastic culinary tradition. ... Read more
Tel Aviv's culture and beach lifestyle are intimately intertwined, with both day and night seemingly revolving... Read more
Tel Aviv is home to a hip new hotel, smack in the center of its coolest 'hood.... Read more