- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
This tiny restaurant and wine bar, just a clutch of round tables on an alley just off Carmel Market, draws its inspiration from the market's fresh offerings. (The name is Hebrew for "market stall.") The dishes change daily, and the kitchen is well known for dishing out organ meats you might not see much back home. For the less adventurous, the seafood and pork dishes are sure to be fresh and aesthetically appealing. Try also the white pizza with black truffles when in season. The paella with bacon, sausage, shrimp, and mussels is about as nonkosher as it gets for a place whose chef refers to the nearby market as the "Holy of Holies," a Biblical reference to where the Ark of the Covenant was kept.
- Address: 4 Ha'Shomer St., Center City, Tel Aviv, 65601
- Phone: 03/516–9234
- Location: Center City
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hi All --
Finally posted my Jordan & Israel trip (April 2012) report. Read more
My first day in Israel, (Tel Aviv on a Saturday), was pretty quiet. Read more
I am 35 years old, jewish, and will be in Israel for a week staying in Tel Aviv. Read more
· News & Features
This balmy Mediterranean city is rich with history, culture, and a fantastic culinary tradition. ... Read more
Tel Aviv's culture and beach lifestyle are intimately intertwined, with both day and night seemingly revolving... Read more
Tel Aviv is home to a hip new hotel, smack in the center of its coolest 'hood.... Read more