A pair of whitewashed buildings—one built in 1892, the other in 1908—make up this attractive complex. The square, designed by foremost landscape designer Shlomo Aronson, has hints of a medieval Middle Eastern courtyard in its scattering of orange trees connected by water channels. One side of the square is decorated with a tile triptych, which illustrates the neighborhood's history and famous people who lived here in the early years, including S. Y. Agnon, who went
on to win the Nobel Prize in Literature. There's a café-bar on the premises and a number of great restaurants nearby for pre- or postperformance meals.