- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
The city sits astride the junction of Routes 90 and 77. Egged buses regularly serve Tiberias from Haifa, Nazareth, Tel Aviv, and Jerusalem. Haifa is one hour away, while Tel Aviv and Jerusalem are both two hours distant. Tiberias is small enough to walk to most locations, though given the punishing summer heat you may wish to have a taxi take you for even short jaunts.
Both Egged Tours and United Tours run one-day tours three times a week that take in Nazareth, Capernaum, Tabgha, the Sea of Galilee, Tiberias, and the Jordan River. Current prices are US$60 from Tel Aviv, $64 from Jerusalem. Matan Tours, based in Tiberias, operates a guide-driven limo-van for a day tour of some Sea of Galilee sites and the Golan Heights. The cost is $45 per person.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Super Sale! Flights to Tel Aviv From 627 R/T ASAPTickets.com
- Book the Dizengoff Sea Residence 3 Nts in May Fr $103+/Nt Save with Expedia, $18/night less
- May deal: Olympia Fr $138+/Nt Expedia
- Special deal: 3.5-Star Bell Boutique Fr $328+/Nt — $328 Expedia
- Book Leonardo Basel in May: Save 10% on this stay! — $193 Save with Expedia, $22/night less