- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Herb Farm on Mount Gilboa
Herb Farm on Mount Gilboa Review
The sweeping panorama from the wooden deck and picture windows is attraction enough, but this family restaurant—operated by Yossi Mass, his wife Penina, and their son Oren—is also known for its greens. Homemade bread and a "salad basket" of antipasti are fine starters, but try one of the imaginative salads. Tempting entrées might include a tart of shallots, forest mushrooms, and goat cheese, or a colorful pie of beef, lamb, goose breast, tomatoes, pine nuts, and basil. Desserts make for an agonizing decision, so share.
- Address: Rte. 667, 3 km (2 miles) off Rte. 675 Gan Nir, 18100
- Phone: 04/653–1093
- Location: Mt. Gilboa and Environs
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Sun.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hi All --
Finally posted my Jordan & Israel trip (April 2012) report. Read more
My first day in Israel, (Tel Aviv on a Saturday), was pretty quiet. Read more
Hello, My family is planning a trip for this August (I know - insanely HOT). Read more
· News & Features
In our inaugural Ask Fodor's column, one of our editors editor gives advice on how to travel by rail ... Read more
Pack light and still look great on your next camping trip with these 10 low-maintenance beauty products.... Read more
Castles, lakeside resorts, bang-for-your-buck Hawaii finds, and dazzling hotel gardens—it's... Read more