Lower Galilee Restaurants
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Lower Galilee Restaurant Reviews
Tiberias in particular and the Sea of Galilee in general have far livelier culinary options than other parts of Lower Galilee. Some places in the countryside are worth going out of your way for. Restaurant attire is casual. The local specialty is the native St. Peter's fish (tilapia), though most restaurants serve the (still excellent) pond-bred variety. Meat dishes tend to be Middle Eastern: shashlik and kebabs (ground meat grilled on skewers) accompanied by hummus, pickles, and french fries. Most economical are shawarma (slices of spit-grilled turkey meat served in pita bread) and falafel. The cheapest eats are always at the stands at a town's central bus station.
Browse Lower Galilee Restaurants
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe