- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Kursi and the Eastern Shore
Kursi, where Jesus healed two men possessed by demons (Matthew 8:28–32), is today a park incorporating the ruins of a Byzantine monastery. The eastern shore of the Sea of Galilee is far less developed than the western and northern sides, and the relatively rural character remains today, even as negotiations sputter along between Israel and Syria about returning this area to the control of Damascus.
Kursi and the Eastern Shore at a Glance
Elsewhere in Lower Galilee
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's