Lower Galilee Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go
Sunset on the Sea of Galilee: The lake at sundown is always evocative, often beautiful, and occasionally spectacular. Walk a beach, sip a drink, or take a sail as dusk slowly settles.
Zippori: The distant past is palpable at this archaeological site, once a worldly Jewish and Hellenistic city. Set amid woods, it has the loveliest ancient mosaics in the land.
Nazareth: Tradition and modernity collide in the town where Jesus grew up. Today it’s a city of baklava and BMWs, new politics and ancient passions. Talk to a local as you sample Middle Eastern delicacies.
Mt. Gilboa: This little-visited region offers local beauty and grand views for the independent traveler who has a bit of time and no checklist of must-see famous sites.
A spiritual source: Tune your ear to the Galilee's spiritual reverberations. Listen as pilgrims chant a Mass at the Mt. of Beatitudes or sit meditatively on Tabgha's shore.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe