- Sunset on the Sea of Galilee The lake at sundown is always evocative, often beautiful, and occasionally spectacular. Walk a beach, sip a drink, or take a sail as dusk slowly settles.
- Zippori The distant past is palpable at this archaeological site, once a worldly Jewish and Hellenistic city. Set amid woods, it has the loveliest ancient mosaics in the land.
- Nazareth Tradition and modernity collide in the town where Jesus grew up. Today it’s a city of baklava and BMWs, new politics and ancient passions. Talk to a local as you sample Middle Eastern delicacies.
- Mt. Gilboa This little-visited region offers local beauty and grand views for the independent traveler who has a bit of time and no checklist of must-see famous sites.
- A spiritual source Tune your ear to the Galilee's spiritual reverberations. Listen as pilgrims chant a Mass at the Mt. of Beatitudes or sit meditatively on Tabgha's shore.
Need trip ideas? Check out our curated collections of destinations around the globe.More