- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Taking the bus from Ben Gurion Airport to Jerusalem is cheap but slow. Board the Egged shuttle (line 5, fare NIS 5.30) for a 10-minute ride to the Ben Gurion Airport El Al Junction, and wait for the Egged bus (line 947, fare NIS 23). It runs to Jerusalem's Central Bus Station. As an easier but often tediously long alternative, 10-seat sherut taxis (limo-vans) depart from Ben Gurion Airport when they fill up, and drop passengers at any Jerusalem address for NIS 50. By car, Route 1 is the chief route to Jerusalem from both the west and the east.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $2599 -- Israel: 8 Nts. w/Hotels, Tours & Airfare, $400 Off Friendly Planet Travel