Set among pine trees, this handsome two-story historical building is part museum and part concert venue. Dr. A. A. Ticho was a renowned Jewish ophthalmologist who emigrated from Austria to Jerusalem in 1912. His cousin, Anna Ticho, a trained nurse, followed the same year to assist him in his pioneering struggle against the endemic scourge of trachoma. They were soon married, and in 1924 they bought and renovated this fine 19th-century stone house. Anna's artistic talent
gradually earned her a reputation as a brilliant chronicler—in charcoal, pen, and brush—of the landscape around Jerusalem. Beit Ticho displays a selection of her works and offers changing intimate art and photography exhibitions.