- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- good value
- great location
- authentic feel
- can be noisy
- room modernization not very aesthetic
Check Rates from our Partners
New Imperial Review
This rambling, century-old stone building is identifiable by its iron balconies overlooking the busy square just inside the Jaffa Gate. The public rooms are adorned with Bedouin art and historic photographs. Guest rooms are fairly basic, and the renovations are a little haphazard, but the large family rooms with lofts are excellent value. The hotel is popular with those who appreciate the authentic atmosphere created by proprietor Walid Dajani, whose father first rented the building from the Greek Orthodox Church in 1949.
- Address: Omar Ibn El-Khattib St., inside the Jaffa Gate Old City, Jerusalem, 91140
- Phone: 02 628-2261
- Location: Old City
- 45 rooms.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hi All --
Finally posted my Jordan & Israel trip (April 2012) report. Read more
My first day in Israel, (Tel Aviv on a Saturday), was pretty quiet. Read more
How's the water and swimming in the Medi during late April along the beaches of Tel Aviv? Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more