- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Café Mizrachi Review
Established by Eli Mizrachi, who once sold dried beans in a stall at Machaneh Yehuda, and run by his pastry-chef daughter Moran, this café was created to add a more sophisticated flavor to the beloved market. Expanded to the size of three market stalls, the café is known for its excellent local fare, including fresh pasta with Jerusalem artichokes and leeks; four-cheese ravioli with a cherry tomato and pepper confit; and the wondrously sinful ricotta and raisin brioche. The coffee is also excellent. This is a worthwhile stop on summer evenings, when Mizrachi stays open late to serve drinks, light dishes, and sometimes jazz.
- Address: 12 HaShezif St., Machaneh Yehuda, Jerusalem, 94592
- Phone: 02/624–2105
- Location: Center City
- Credit cards accepted.
- No dinner Fri. No lunch Sat.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hi All --
Finally posted my Jordan & Israel trip (April 2012) report. Read more
My first day in Israel, (Tel Aviv on a Saturday), was pretty quiet. Read more
Looking for a special occasion restaurant in Tel Aviv to celebrate a birthday. Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall ... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more