- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Café Mizrachi Review
Established by Eli Mizrachi, who once sold dried beans in a stall at Machaneh Yehuda, and run by his pastry-chef daughter Moran, this café was created to add a more sophisticated flavor to the beloved market. Expanded to the size of three market stalls, the café is known for its excellent local fare, including fresh pasta with Jerusalem artichokes and leeks; four-cheese ravioli with a cherry tomato and pepper confit; and the wondrously sinful ricotta and raisin brioche. The coffee is also excellent. This is a worthwhile stop on summer evenings, when Mizrachi stays open late to serve drinks, light dishes, and sometimes jazz.
- Address: 12 HaShezif St., Machaneh Yehuda, Jerusalem, 94592
- Phone: 02/624–2105
- Location: Center City
- Credit cards accepted.
- No dinner Fri. No lunch Sat.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
My first day in Israel, (Tel Aviv on a Saturday), was pretty quiet. Read more
This is a trip report describing a two week vacation in Israel and Jordan (one week per country). Read more
I was wondering if I could ask for advice regarding accommodation and sightseeing on a trip I am taking to Israel with a group of 9 other work colleagues on a business/personal trip.
Our itinerary Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more